Friday, December 5, 2008

2006

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a year of two's and seconds! As you will recall we moved from Gilbert, AZ to Mexico in January We made TWO trips hauling all of our stuff but we finally made it. It then took us about TWO weeks to get situated in our SECOND house that we have lived in in our marriage. We were then very lucky and sold our house in Gilbert after it being for sale for about TWO weeks.

Greg has had about TWO different positions at the Elementary School this year. The first was the director (or principal) and then he switched and did P.E. What a demotion, you may say, but the directorship had a lot of overtime and a lot of stress, so the switch was actually very beneficial for our family. He now has TWO different cell phones so I can track him down wherever he is. He also bought a SECOND-hand lawnmower for our much larger yard. Alan loves to go for rides on it. He also celebrated his SECOND Father's Day this year and loves being a Dad. He put up a greenhouse in January and February and is working on the SECOND one. He is working on plant propagation in them, which is basically growing root stock for local farmers. He has also made TWO trips to visit family in Arizona with Alan and I.

I am now pregnant with our SECOND child (due Feb. 3, 2007). This caused me to spend TWO months lying on the couch with a severe case of morning sickness. This baby is a girl, and the pregnancy has been very different than Alan. I also spent TWO days in the hospital after contracting a parasite from the water. I was about twelve weeks pregnant and I dropped about 15 pounds in TWO weeks and then laid on the couch for another TWO weeks eating rice and chicken broth. It was NOT fun, but I am doing much better now! Only TWO more months to go and then she will be here. I am also planning on using my SECOND midwife to have my SECOND home birth. Hopefully it will actually be a home birth this time, and not the back of an SUV birth. I also got TWO teeth pulled at the beginning of hte year, so I could get braces for the SECOND time in my life. My front teeth were moving a lot and after much debate I decided to get them fixed again. Hopefully this time it is for good! I also did a lot of bottling this year and have made some quilts. I also go walking with TWO friends every morning for TWO miles.

Alan turned TWO this year! He is a bundle of energy and loves to be outside. He had TWO stitches in his ear after falling against a bed post. They had to wrap him up in a blanket like a little burrito to get the stitches in, poor guy. It was not the funnest thing to watch. He has had TWO different huge bruises on his forehead after face planting into the tile and TWO different teeth were bloodied after taking a spill down some cement steps. Not all has been bumps and bruises for the little guy this year. He started nursery this year and loves it. He learned how to pedal his bike and went TWO blocks the other day on his trike. He has TWO favorite words: "Daddy" and "Movie" which comes out "Moonie." He is also very polite and says TWO words when he wants something: "Excuse me" or "Me me" and "Please" or "Peas". We will also start the SECOND attempt at potty training this month! Obviously the first time didn't go so well. So far the TWO's haven't been too terrible, and we love having Alan in our family!

We have had lots of adventures living in Mexico, some more memorable than others and we are excited for this Christmas season and the year to come! Merry Christmas! Love: Greg, Cambria and Baby-Girl-to-be Memmott

No comments: